A unique experience in Advanced Research for recent Bachelor graduates.
Many underrepresented students approach university graduation are not quite ready to start graduate training. Some students discover research late in their careers and need more research experience to compete for top Doctorate programs.
Our Institution aims to provide intensive, high impact international research experience and collaboration opportunities worldwide. Licentiate students work side-by-side with some of the leading scientists in the world in environments devoted exclusively to advanced research. The focus of the Licentiate of Advanced Study Program is to help meet the critical need for diverse investigators in Advance research. This objective is achieved by providing:
– An intense mentored research experience in top labs of the Institutions comprising our Alliance [*see relevant page] of collaborative universities with our Institution.
– Special seminars and selected graduate level courses to expand student’s knowledge base so they can begin to apply Advanced science knowledge to their field of research.
– Mentoring and guidance to assist with successful continuation into a Doctorate program to succeed in a research career.
Who should apply?
– Underrepresented students who have attained a Bachelor degree within the past three years, or seniors about to graduate in a science discipline who are planning to pursue a Doctorate degree.
– Students who are willing to make a full-time commitment and personal commitment to the program similar to that of a first-year graduate student.
The duration of the Licentiate of Advanced Study program is normally one year, but it can be extended for up to two additional years provided the performance of the trainee is satisfactory and continued support by the Division/Lab or Unit is available so that a Doctorate will be awarded in a total duration of up to three years of Advanced Study.
Level of the Licentiate by Research qualification (for the one year program): UK Regulated Qualifications Framework – RQF Level 7
Credits: ECTS 90 up to 120 – UK 180 to 240 at Postgraduate level
There are cases that this award works as an alternative exit route to a Doctorate program of study.
Tuition fees of the one year Licentiate of Advanced Study award: typically 52.250 euros (special conditions apply depending on the needs of resources of each separate candidate).